Apartment for sale, Piazza Sant'Ambrogio, in Milan, Italy

€1,675,000

Milan, Piazza Sant'Ambrogio

Duplex • 2 room(s) • 2 Bath. • 150 m² • Ref: 117428001005679

Beautiful and quiet apartment located in one of the most prestigious and exclusive addresses in Milan, Piazza Sant'Ambrogio. Located on the first high noble floor (almost a second floor) of an elegant building from the '50s with concierge and lift, the apartment overlooks the square. with five windows. It has been divided (with regular building practice) into two communicating units (but with independent entrances), each consisting of a large living room with kitchen view, a bedroom and a large bathroom (+ a large balcony serving one of the two). As such one of the two is leased long since through Booking.com and other platforms (with a rating of 9.5).It can therefore be maintained as it is as an income property (for "long" or "short terms" rents) or be reunified. It will become then a prestigious home, in which it is possible to obtain a kitchen, three bedrooms and three bathrooms. The furnishings, as well as the cellar, are not included in the price (but can be subject of negotiation). In addition, there is the possibility to purchase about 23 or 36 adjacent square meters with other 2 or 3 windows overlooking Piazza Sant'Ambrogio and, in the future, the bare ownership of additional about 130 square meters with other 4 windows overlooking the square and another entrance. Sant'Ambrogio Square (Piazza Sant'Ambrogio) represents one of the symbolic places of Milan with: - the Basilica of Sant'Ambrogio, from which the square takes its name; - the Catholic University of the Sacred Heart; - the Garibaldi Barracks of the State Police, designed by Gerolamo Rossi in 1807 and completed by Giovanni Voghera in 1843, as the Royal Veliti Barracks. Its construction "swallowed up" the entire Franciscan convent, dating back to the 14th century and dedicated to San Francesco. Inside, in the church of San Francesco Grande, the Confraternity of the Concezione had financed and had realized in 1483 an altarpiece, carved and painted, with the "Virgin of the Rocks" by Leonardo da Vinci in the center. The painting later passed to the heirs of the Brotherhood and, neglected and underestimated, was sold to an English collector. Today it is at the National Gallery in London; - the Memorial of the Fallen Soldiers, by Architect Giovanni Muzio, inaugurated on November the 4th, 1928 in memory of the Fallen on the tenth anniversary of the Vittorio Veneto battle and later decorated with a bronze effigy of Sant'Ambrogio modeled by Adolfo Wildt; - the Pusterla di Sant'Ambrogio, built after the ruin of Barbarossa. Located at the beginning of the straight road to the Church of San Vittore al Corpo, in 1937 it was restored by the Superintendency of Monuments. Heavily damaged by bombing and for the next four years occupied by homeless people, it later became, thanks to the interest of the antiquarian Giovanni Giorgetti, a Museum of Weapons. In 1985 the collection was integrated with instruments of torture and the official name of the museum became "Permanent Exhibition of Criminology and Ancient Weapons". Before the final closure, the spaces hosted an exhibition of spiders and snakes; - the Devil's Column, with two holes which, according to the Milanese tradition, were the result of a struggle between Sant'Ambrogio and the devil.

Spaces

Rooms2
Bathrooms2

Surfaces

Living150 m²

Piazza Sant'Ambrogio

Milan

Lift
Balcony
TypeApartment
Construction year1950
Energy efficiency ratingNo data
Environmental (CO₂) impact ratingNo data