Apartment for sale, Piazza San Frediano, in Pisa, Italy

€790,000
Pisa, Piazza San Frediano

Apartment • 7 room(s) • 4 Bed. • 3 Bath. • 275 m² • 1st floor • Ref: CBI130-1613-1168822

HIGH REPRESENTATIVE RESIDENCE OVERLOOKING S. FREDIANO CHURCH Located on the first floor of an ancient building, with very high and beautiful coffered and painted ceilings (5 mt), the apartment, with spaces which could be reorganized, is perfect as a residence or an office of great prestige. From the entrance you can access: - the first two rooms, which overlook Piazza San Frediano and enjoy an exceptional view of the Church; - the hallway leading to the two bathrooms, the staircase to the mezzanine, the terrace of about 18-19 sqm and the kitchen (where another staircase leads to a laundry / wardrobe room); - a succession of salons, the first with an important fireplace and the last with painted ceiling, which can easily be transformed into 3 large bedrooms, each one with its own bathroom and walk-in closet, overlooking Via Domenico Cavalca. On the mezzanine another bedroom with bathroom. There are wooden floors(in all the rooms except in the bathrooms which have marble tiles). Most doors have serene stone jambs. Independent heating. The building fees are about 2,520 Eur/year. The restoration of the external facades is in progress. Some news on the site, the Square and the Church of San Frediano. "Piazza" San Frediano, in the heart of the historic center of Pisa, takes its name from the Church, already existing in 1061, at the time also dedicated to San Martino and flanked by a hospital for the reception of pilgrims and destitute people. The church and the adjacent hospice for poor and pilgrims stood along the important urban and extra-urban road axis, which connected the roads south of the Arno to todays "Piazza dei Cavalieri", the political heart of the city throughout the Middle Ages. From 1076 to 1571 the complexe was run by the Camaldolese monks who rebuilt it between the end of the eleventh century and the beginning of the twelfth century in Romanesque-Pisan style with the typical "salient" facade with three orders of blind arches, shelves, lozenges and oculi, which are intertwined with the reuse of Roman elements well recognizable in the lintel of the portal. The monks also built the adjoining monastery. It then passed to the Military Order of Saint Stephen's Knights (1561-1594) who used the complex as a burial ground and then to the Clerics Regular of Saint Paul (or Barnabites) who remained there until 1783. During this time the church was enhanced with noble chapels. Following the suppression of the convent, by Lorraine, the church became a parish (1784) and since 1999 it is the university church entrusted to the Jesuits. In 1964 there an important restoration was undertaken, aimed at recovering the medieval aspect of the building, especially the facade, as the building had been several times remodeled, especially after the fire of 1675. The bell tower with a quadrangular plan, incorporated in more recent buildings, seems a workmanship of the thirteenth century. The interior, with a basilical plan, is marked

Spaces

Rooms7
Floors2
Bedrooms4
Bathrooms3

Surfaces

Living275 m²
Terrace19 m²

Piazza San Frediano, Pisa

Town centre
Terrace
TypeApartment
ConditionRequires updating
Energy efficiency rating
G